Well, I officially forgot about updating my blog by 2:00 pm today. But, I guess some good can come out of it--at least this will help me remember from this point on. Even though it won't count, I want to post one anyway.
This week I used the internet three different times to purchase merchandise. The first purchase, motivated by the suggestion of one of my friends, was buying all of my textbooks online. I was able to purchase all of the required texts for all of my classes!! Unfortunately, however, one of the books was refunded for an anonymous reason, so I still need to place one more order. In addition to my textbooks, I finally got around to buying a flash drive for myself. I have really wanted to get one lately--especially when I found out about Portable firebug, a application that allows you to transport your customized browser to other computers. I looked around two stores, E-cost.com and Buy.com, and, after comparing prices, went with Buy.com because they offered free shipping along with a 19.00 rebate. So, I was able to buy a 512mb flash drive for 9 dollars after the mail-in rebate.
Finally, I bought some Nutritional supplements online from bodybuilding They offer their own brand-line of products, similar to H-E-B and CVS, which are always significantly cheaper than the more well-known brands. Taking into account the supplements are always cheaper online anyway, despite the brand, this one was a no-brainer.
That is the main reason I make many of my purchases online. Although, I don't have the luxury of receiving them the same day, I save so much because of the lack of sale-tax and shipping charges. However, it can be more stressful, because there are so many sites to choose from that you are always wondering if you got the best deal. Plus, it is not as fun just sitting at your computer shopping as opposed to going to the mall or store itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment