
Over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I haven't really had to use the internet at all other than periodically checking my email--it has been quite liberating. Maybe this is just a feeling of relaxation due to the fact that I didn't have to do any work, but still, I wasn't worrying about checking blackboard, responding to important emails, etc. I spent a lot of my time on the patio reading (the book to my left) in the mornings, instead of browsing the net, checking facebook, reading the news, and it was absolutely wonderful. Sometimes, as I have posted before, technology provides new stresses and concerns that would otherwise not be part of my life. However, I still hold a mainly utopian view of technology, realizing that the majority of my stresses are self-influenced--I can get off the computer and read a book any time I want, it just takes self-control. But, certainly, the internet and the atmosphere it fosters encourages a fast-paced, get-it-done attitude which at times is the exact opposite of what I need. As long as I learn how to prepare myself for the influences of the internet and have a good amount of self-control, I think I will be able to use technology for good and not let it bring me down. Praise God for his Son.
Here is an interesting article researching Internet Addiction

1 comment:
Daivd, i was able to read this post right off your front page. Are you still having technical problems with the blog?
Post a Comment